• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premier elemets 2018 black bars on youtube videos issue

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premier elements 2018 and as I export my videos and upload on youtube I always get black bars all around. I have tried to export it in Quick export, Devices, Online I get the same result.  I have looked everywhere for the answer but no luck. I am using video clips from youtube and re-editing them and I have this issue. Can someone help......Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The source video specifications, project settings and output rendering all have to match.  To get this sorted out, how are you captureing thie YouTube video, how are you setting up the project and want are the project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Bill. You'll need to give us some details, including the specs of your Export & Share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, I will try to provide as much information as I can and thank you for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I will get you more information. I just use the default settings for the project. I have never changed anything. How can I set up output rendering? How can I figure out the source video specification?

Thank you again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video project settings are found under the Edit menu, under Project Settings. You can see but not change them.

Though if the issue were your project settings, you'd likely notice that your video is square rather than widescreen. Is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right the original videos are widescreen and as I edit, export and upload my edited video on YouTube it has horizontal and vertical black bars. How should I export them so it has no bars around it.  File, export and share, then what settings Should I choose. There is quick export, devices, online to pick from and I have tried them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"original videos are widescreen"

That's not enough to figure this out.  Where does the video come from.  What are the pixel dimentsions of the video?  And, what are the project settings?   Have to get past this part to figure out if the black bars are coming from the source, the project or the final output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video is from YouTube Mpeg movie. Image size: 640x360 frame rate: 23.97 pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

In the project setting:

Frame size: 640 horizontall 480 vertical 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

640x360 does not match 640 horizontall, 480 vertical.  You are off by 120 on the vertical.  

Premiere Elements is made to work on consumer camera footage.  I don't know how to force it to create a 640x360 project for editing downloaded files.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that makes sense. The videos are not recorded by me, they are music videos from YouTube and Instagram. What I understand is that I always get the bars around.

Thank you for your explanation and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Video ripped from the web has its own challenges based on the software that created the file. So we'll need to go back even further.

Open one of your music files in the free download MediaInfo. In  MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the report it generates and paste it to this forum. This will tell us necessary stuff about your source video.

Then, as Bill indicates, your project settings are not for a widescreen video. They for a 4:3 project, which is why you are seeing bars on the sides when you post it to YouTube.

We can show you how to work around this once we know the MediaInfo specs on your source video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, Here is the  music info. As I edit this (I combine it with other music clips which are the same as this one) and export and upload on youtube I get the bars all around it.

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size : 16.7 MiB
Duration : 3 min 43 s
Overall bit rate : 627 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf56.40.101

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L3
Format settings : CABAC / 3 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 3 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 494 kb/s
Width : 854 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 23.976 (23976/1000) FPS
Minimum frame rate : 23.974 FPS
Maximum frame rate : 90 000.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.050
Stream size : 13.2 MiB (79%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 126 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 3.34 MiB (20%)
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some videos have different height and with: example one of the videos have W = 640 H = 360. Do the Width and heigh have to be the same for all the vidoes I use or it doesn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start a new project. On the New Project option screen, click Change Settings. On the Project Presets page that opens, select preset for Hard Disk, Flash Memory Camcorder/Widescreen. Click OK then, back on the New Project option screen, check the option to Force Selected Project Settings and click OK.

You should open up into a widescreen project and, when you add your video, it should fill the frame.

This is not an exact match for your video specs but it's as close as Premiere Elements can get. 

When you Export & Share, select the option for Devices/Computer/SD 480 and set the Format to MP-H.264. This will give you a widescreen video that fills the frame and, when you upload it to YouTube, you won't have black bars on the sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve, I did exactly as you mentioned above, but the output on youtube was the same with bars on each side. In my project pannel it does show widescreen. Maybe the export settings are not ok, what do you think? I do appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines