• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere 13

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi used Premiere 13 for years but only recently when trying to burn to dvd it freezes at "indexing" panel.

Any ideas as to why this should suddenly happen and how to overcome?  Have completed all updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Premiere Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the mistake I don’t use this very much.
How do get to the site you have moved it to. Again, sorry to be so non tech.
Keith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Have completed all updates

What updates?

Mac or Windows and exactly which version of the operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free space is left on your hard drive?

How long is the movie you are burning to disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks prompt response. The info is:

ACER XC-605

Intel (R) core iS4440CPU @ 3.10 GHZ

Ram 6.00Gb (5.81Gb usable)

Hard drive 539Gb used 383GB free

Generally I restrict it to 60 minutes maybe 67.

I am completely non tech so I hope this is what you want.

All I would say I have not had any problems using this for years.  This is the first time "indexing" has shown up and it freezes.

I have looked back on a few dvds before this happened and find they are shaky and stutter even though I fully render them before burning.  Again this has not happened in the past

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you select the option to burn to an ISO file rather than directly to a disc?

What happens if you make a copy of your project and lop off 30 or 40 minutes of it so that, as an experiment, you're trying to transcode a movie only half as long?

BTW, please ensure that you do not have any blank video spots on your timeline and that you do not have a stop marker at the end of your movie. These can bug things up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We must have been on the same wavelength, as that is what I was just trying.

Now a funny more things are happening that do not happen before.

When editing a movie down the program suddenly froze with a Windows Message saying the program was not responding and i can either wait or cancel.  I waited and it eventually restarted again. I then found that when clicking "Render" it would just go back to the beginning of the movie and start playing.

I then found that at least 50% of the movie had not rendered.  Where it had not rendered it had done only the transitions.

The program of late has certainly frozen many times which is very frustrating but did eventually work

Anyway I am just about to burn it as an ISO file to see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again sorry for the delay inresponding.

As you suggested I lopped off 20 minutes and saved as an ISO file.  This time it seems okay.

Haven't needed to do this in the past any moe thoughts?

Also why is it after clicking "render" it does not render every clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As previously suggested I have been able to burn a dvd to a disc using iso files., although I have not had to do this in the past.  However, this is fine for our youngest daughter who still has a dvd player but our eldest daughter does not but uses the usb port on her smart t/v.  Now previously I have been able to burn the file for her to the computer using mepg format and then copying this onto a flash drive and this has worked well. Now even after cutting down the project file to 30 minutes the play back even on my own computer is stuttering.  I have disconnected the security software and turned the router off but this makes no difference.  I have been trying loads of different formats but none give a smooth payback.

I mentioned before that the programme is not working properly for although I click on render it does not reneder all the clips just some.  I don't even have an orange line let alone a green one after it has suppsedly rendered.

The work bar iss right at the end of the project.

I don't know if there is a way of burning to an iso file and then somehow copying this to a flash drive.  Although again I have not had problems like this in the past.

Your thoughts would be welcome, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Do not count on Windows to be fully up to date when it comes to device drivers
Go to the vendor site to be sure you have an updated driver for your graphic adapter
•nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
••for Premiere Pro and MAYBE Premiere Elements use the STUDIO driver, not the GAMING driver
•••such as https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/results/170344/
•ATI Driver https://www.amd.com/en/support
There are also intermittent reports that the newest driver is not always the best driver due to driver bugs or compatibility issues, so you MAY need to try an earlier driver version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines