• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 15 crash after loadind the project

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a 1230 clips project with Premiere 15.0. I rendered a first video but when I open it know to make some modifications, Premier 15 crashes just after it is charged as soon I want to do anything. Sometimes, it won't charge being stuck on one clip. The CPU charge is about 30 %. Is there a recommanded maximum number of clips for a good working ? Something else ?

PC Asus N750JK - Intel i7-4700HQ x64CPU 2,4 GHz - 16 Go RAM -  Nvidia GeForce GTX 850M

Jean-Pierre

excuse my english, I'm french 😉

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

The usual way for correct project settings is automatic and it matches the first clip put to the time line.  If it is PAL from the camera it should be PAL in the project.   There is an option in the New Project dialog to manually select project settings and force it with a check box.   I've never tried editing with NTSC footage for PAL distribution.  Maybe you can try that.  

At output there is also a choice.  Look under the Advanced button.   .  Maybe you can try that.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot : Windows 10 - 1903

Jean-Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of, nor have heard of, a maximum number of clips.    How much spare disk space do you have?  It takes a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a disk space problem, I have 275 GB left. I suspect a memory problem. When the project is charged, I noticed a memory charge of 98 %. The first rendered video is 17.7 GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I have 275 GB left."
What kind of drive (HDD or SSD)  and what is its capacity?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what the issue is here, but a work around might be to separate the project into sections, output those sections to high quality intermediate video files and then finally combine the intermediate files to a final file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program and working disk is a SSd 256 GB with 45 GB free.

The video is writen on a SATA 465 GBwith 275 GB free.

Maybe the solution wouldbe to cut the project in two parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The program and working disk is a SSd 256 GB with 45 GB free."

That's not enough free space. You need a larger disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might stop the crashing if you reassign the scratch disks to drive with more space.  It will slow processing down but crashing may stop.  Scratch disks are controlled in the Preferences Menu.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 45 free GB after all the video and preview files charged. Isn't enough ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstaled and re-installed PE 15, reassigned the working folders to a larger space disk (190 GB free) and...it's working ! BUT, I realise that the projects preconfiguration is NTFS 30 i/s although the location is France, the program is in french, and I had nothing to choose during the installation process (in Europe we use only PAL). How can I change that, without having to modify the settings for every new project ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The usual way for correct project settings is automatic and it matches the first clip put to the time line.  If it is PAL from the camera it should be PAL in the project.   There is an option in the New Project dialog to manually select project settings and force it with a check box.   I've never tried editing with NTSC footage for PAL distribution.  Maybe you can try that.  

At output there is also a choice.  Look under the Advanced button.   .  Maybe you can try that.  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines