Premiere 2020 V14 crashes when "save" or "Save As"

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2020, v14, Win 10 v2004 OS Build 19041.630, AMD A10-7700K R7, 16GB RAM,  NVIDIA graphics card driver and all other drivers up to date. Wacom Tablet installed.

Premiere has become really glitchy over the last couple of days. Sometimes I cannot drag and drop files into the bin unless I restart the program. Sometimes i cannot drag and drop from the bin into a sequence unless I close and restart the program. It always freezes forever if I try to save or save as or try to change the export output name.  It sometimes doesn't send the media to Media Encoder if I try to queue the export.

I can rename the exported file in Media Encoder without that freezing. All other CC software installed runs okay.

I have tried resetting the preferences file, restarting the computer, turned off hardware accelerated decoding. Cleaned the registry.

Seems like a lot of people are having similar freezing issues.

Any thoughts on what to do please?

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Media Encoder? Are you sure you're working with Premiere Elements and not Premiere Pro?

If you're working with software from the Creative Cloud, you're in the wrong forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines