• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2021.1 upgrade for macOS Big Sur Version 11.2 does not work!

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a couple of days I am getting a message upon opening Premiere Elements Editor that a new Update 2021.1 is available (see screenshot below). And when I try to do so, I am informed that there is no App to open URL "auphd://update? ..." and that the Update-Manager could not be started (see second screenshot). Then the programme freezes. I can only get out of this by entering control + esc, which is enervating after a while.

Friendly Adobe Support told me, yes, there could be a little problem with the macOS Big Sur (which ineed was updated to version 11.2 - and after that I had the problem - coincidence??) so the best thing to do would be to uninstal the programme, download the new version and start again. Unfortunately this does not work either. Same problem as before!!

Does anybody have a clever idea how to overcome this nuisance or do I have to wait until Adobe find a solution for Big Sur? It would already help, if I could suppress the Update Notification somehow. I do not really need the Update - I am quite happy without it!

Klaus 

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaus,

I appreciate your frustration.  I had a very similar experience with the Windows version of 2021 recently.   I solved it by using the operating system to delete the current version completely.  Then I downloaded the current installation file and installed the program from to a now clean computer.   It worked.  I have the updated version and no messages to update.   

This is where I got the new installation file:  https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

thanks for the post - but the download link you are referring to is for photoshop elements, not premiere elements.

I have no problem with photoshop, everything works fine there. I noticed, there is a photoshop App in my iMac's App Store, but no premiere App. This may be the reason, why Big Sur OS - Users cannot make an update. I will probably have to wait, until the relevant App appears in Apple's App Store ...

But thanks for trying to help anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill,

further to my previous post of Feb 09, 2021 it might interest you, that I found a solution to my problem for my iMac ..

Navigate with the Finder to Location: iMac disk, and then to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Desktop Common/HDBox and execute the file Adobe Update Helper.app

The update will then be carried out successfully without the the missing App  searching for URL "auphd://update?sapCode=PSE&baseVersion=19.0&platform=osx10-64&skipUpdateInfo=true"

It helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines