• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 2021 Very Poor Slow Performance in Top Range High Performance 2019 iMac - Please Help!!

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 2021 is running very slow alternating between option screens & trying scroll through effects and I have a top very high end brand new very very powerful 2019 iMac upgraded to 64GB Ram, 8GB Graphics Card i5 9th Generation 6 core 3.7GHZ with a 2TB Fusion Drive (128GB SSD) yet Premiere is so so slow, and performs better on my 2015 Windows Laptop speed wise, which is 16GB RAM i7 and 2GB Nvidia Graphics Card with a 2TB SSD which is overall lower spec pretty much. I am not the only person with this issue either who has a brand new 2019 iMac I see on this forum with these issues. The performance is very disapointing as at the time in the summer I brought the second most high spec iMac available on the market, and its runs better on a 5 year old windows laptop nowhere near as powerful! Something is wrong here - i.e testing or a patch needs to be released!

I've had your tech support on chat reinstall Adobe Premiere Elements 2021 on my iMac and I still have the same issue, and I am waiting for one your senior techs call me (they were suppose to last night but had no phone call). I more than meet all your required / minimum specs too. I've even ran a speed test using Black Magic and results show my speeds are more than adequate for my Fusion Drive, plus I also have final cut pro which runs smoothly & efficeitnly with no issues. Here are the results below of my black magic speed test - please help:

iMac Spec _ Performance.jpg

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone any advice / tips? My Fusion Drive seems more than adequate with the speeds shown in black magic disk speed test, any advice appreciated 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Preferences, what are your Audio Hardware settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. Here is a screenshot of my audio hardware settings:

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 23.55.36.pngScreenshot 2020-12-29 at 23.55.41.pngScreenshot 2020-12-29 at 23.55.45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look up your CPU performance here:  https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleCompare.php

What is the score?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, this is my CPU performance score: 10864. I hope you can help, and sorry for late reply been snowed under. Any tips / advice to help the software run smoother / faster will be appreciated.

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 00.01.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a PC some settings in Audio Hardware for Default Input can slow things to a crawl.  Try changing it to "No Input".  Might be the same on an iMac. 

Preferences settings on the General page may also have an effect.  Turning off hardware acceleration can (oddly) help.   The selection for Timeline Render Quality might be best at "Draft". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines