• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 8 Video Import Problems

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import MOV. files from my Canon camera. Every time I try to import this type of file, an error message saying " this file is not supported, or the required codec is not installed".

I read somewhere that if i download quick player, this should solve the problem, however it hasn't. What can I do to resolve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 8 is very old by computer standards.  It simply may not run with current operating systems. 

Be sure it is Apple's Quicktime downloaded and installed.  I'm not sure what "quick player" is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Bill. Version 8 was pretty much designed to work with tape-based formats like miniDV and HDV. Installing Quicktime (one of the system requirements for version 8, by the way) will provide components so that it will edit MOV files -- but there are dozens of compression systems at work in MOV files, and the program simply may not have the stuff to edit video from Canon DSLRs.

QuickTime 7.6 for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines