• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere depending on original files?

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a compilation and from most files I only need a little bit (10s) but the videos are up to 20min long... can I delete the files once they were imported to the project and shrunk down or is premiere elements depending on them as long as the project is not yet rendered? My harddrive is pretty full...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need the original media.

Another option is to export only the parts of the video you need as a separate files.  Then use the shorter, exported video as media for a new project. You will need to keep the exported media for the new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an option in the Files > Project Archive menu that may do what you want.  I've not used it enough to know how it actually works, so be sure to test it before you dispose of media you don't want to keep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. When you add/import any media file inside Premiere Elements, it creates a copy or replica of the original file with all the properties. You can edit it and make all the changes without affecting the original file, however, during the entire editing process it is important to keep the original files safe on your computer or any storage media connected to your computer.

If you'll delete the file after importing them inside Premiere Elements, the media will become offline from Premiere Elements and it will ask you to link it with the original file.

Hence, it is important to keep the original file while editing.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines