• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elemebts 3.0 windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have permiere elements 3.0, and I am trying to run it on Windows 10, are they compatible? The actual program loads up and opens, but then it pops up with a window asking me to visit the link and copy the serial number online and the link to the website brings up a 404 error as if the page doesn't exist anymore? Is this because this version is so old its not supported online anymore? any help or advice would be hugely appreciated! thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Version 3 will not likely work well on Windows 10. Although it might be worth trying to run it in compatibility mode.

But version 3.0 came out 13 years ago! The video formats it was designed to edit are barely seen at all anymore. (Are you shooting on MiniDV tape?)

Also, as you've seen, version 3 had a very important update released shortly after it was released, bringing it up to version 3.04. That update is no longer available. So, even if you can get it to run, it will likely not run well.

I highly recommend upgrading to at least version 11 or 12. (You should be able to find a used or old copy online fairly cheap.) I don't know what type video you're planning to edit but you'll definitely find the newer generations of the program more stable, more powerful and much easier to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines