Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Element is cropping my overlay when exporting at higher resolutions

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Completely new to premiere elements here.  I watched a tutorial on how to add in overlay (picture in picture) video to my project.

It looks fine during the project preview. 

When i export thru the quick export @ 640 x 480 resolution, everything looks normal.

When i export thru "TV" at 1920 x 1080 resolution, my main video looks fine but my overlay (which is in the bottom right corner), is cropped halfway horizontally.

When i tried a custom export at 1440 x 1080 resolution it looks normal again.

Am i missing a setting somewhere?  Why is it not exporting correctly at normal HD resolution?  Only my overlay is affected.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look under the Edit menu. What is listd on the General page under Project Settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

YunoShane_0-1600233631594.png

This is what it shows in the project settings.  
Did i initially import media that was only 640x480 and therefore my project was set as that instead of my camera's 1920x1080?

Does that cause a lot of issues specifically with overlay videos and having weird crops?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the resolution of the video you are editing?

It's most likely this 640x480 project setting is not right for what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines