• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 10 Clip Monitor not working

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since buying a new PC with Windows 10 and installing my existing version of Premiere Elements 10, the clip monitor will not display the video in the Timeline. Do I need Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air installed on my PC?

I also have a Laptop with the same version of Premiere Elements 10 and that works fine. I noticed that the laptop has Flash Player and AIR installed on it.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Any help would be much appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may also be your video driver on the new machine.  Version 10 may be so old to the operating system and video driver that they are causing you problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whsprague,

Thans for taking the time to reply.

After much experimentation & deliberation I have discovered that the SD card containing the video files is causing the problem. There is an intermittent fault on the camera's battery retaining clip and this has been the cause.

I'm not sure exactly what is happening but I have scrapped the camera and SD card and will start again with new kit.

As a matter of interest I am thinking of buying the latest edition of Premiere Elements (2020) but I am concerned it may be like starting all over again with the learning process. Do you know if it is similar enough to Premiere Elements 10 to be easy enough to learn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe overhauled the interface of Premiere Elements with version 11, but I don't think you'll find a big learning curve. And most of the improvements have been for the better.

I have free Basic Training tutorials on YouTube that you may want to check out. They'll get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply, I'll look into it.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines