• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements 10 Very slow to load

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Premiere 10 for quite some time with no problems. How ever after not loading the program for a period I now find it ts very slow to load after the initial welcome screen ( up to 5 minutes or more.)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling  and updated graphics card from AMD website.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Graphics card AMD Radeon HD5450

I have looked discussions relative to Premiere Elements problems but nothing appears to address this very slow loading problem.

I would be pleased if any one can help.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What size is your hard drive and how much free space is available? Is it a SSD or HDD?

How much RAM do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob

I have a 1TB HDD used space 426 GB free space 494GB.

RAM  4GB

PC is Dell Inspiron 560

Thank you for your interest.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Dell Inspiron 560 I see online runs a Pentium E6700 processor. Is that what you have? If so, that processor rates a 1,900 in benchmark tests. In my books, I usually recommend a rating of 6,500-8,000 for video editing.

PassMark CPU Benchmarks - Low Mid Range CPUs

Though it's hard to say, since you're using such an old version of the program (32-bit software) on such an old operating system. It could just be that the drivers have so out-paced the software that it just can't launch it like it used to.

I assume you've cleaned your registry and run disk cleanup. Computers can accumulate a lot of extra baggage in 8 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late response but I have had other problems with my PC. Have had to replace the lithium battery and also track down a program making startup slow.

After the above I can now most times access Elements 10 with loadup taking approx 1 minute.  If normal loadup does not work I can also get there by C:> Program files>Adobe>Adobe premiere Elements 10>Adobe premiere Elements 10 .exe.

I had in the past cleaned files, chkdsk, and scannow, but don’t know how to do a registry clean (that scares me.)

M y processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 QuadCPU   Q8300@2.50GHz, 2493MHz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The processor is a bit underpowered. I usually recommend a minimum rating of 6,500-8,000.

Your Q8300 rates a 2,900.

PassMark CPU Benchmarks - High Mid Range CPUs

That may or may not be the cause of your issue, but it's definitely a contributing factor. As well as your very old program and operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines