Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere elements 10 won't import iPhone video

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2017 Mar 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I recorded about a 45 minute video with my iPhone yesterday, as well as some photos and other short video clips with my canon 60d. The iPhone is an iPhone 6, the camera was set to 1080p 30 fps. I used Lightroom to import them all (version 6, not CC). Lightroom was able to read the video from my iPhone and import the video into its catalog in the same folder as the other videos from my 60d, which is a Lacie 4tb drive. I'm using a 2011 MacBook Air. Premiere elements 10 can import the 60d videos, but I'm getting the "generic error" when I try to bring in the video from the iPhone. I no longer have the original video on the iPhone, it's deleted. I also tried to duplicate the file, to rename and change the file type to mp4, this did not help premiere elements.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements 10 is a pretty ancient version of the program. There was no real support for other than traditional camcorder video at that time.

Premiere Elements 15 will definitely edit iPhone video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but how can it have no problems with canon 60d video, also the same file format? is there a difference in iPhone video and 60d video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

edogcubed  wrote

I also tried to duplicate the file, to rename and change the file type to mp4, this did not help premiere elements.

Any suggestions?

You might try a "work around"!

If the Canon video works, establish what the specifications are.  Then, run A COPY of the iPhone video through the free utility called Handbrake and convert it to match the Canon video. 

Good luck with your project!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines