Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 closes when I select DV Camcorder

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and Adobe Premiere Elements 11, and I'm trying to import some tapes from my old Sony DCR-TRV38 camcorder.

I'm connecting the camcorder via fire-wire, and my PC recognizes it when I plug it in. It asked how I wanted to capture video, and I selected Premiere Elements from the list of choices. But when I select DV Camcorder from the Add Media list, Premiere Elements just closes - no errors or any other type of message.

Does anyone have any suggestions on resolving this issue, or know if there are any log files or anything that may help me track down the issue?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't say what operating system you're using, which processor you have with how much RAM and how much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive, but all of these could be factors in this issue.

It's also possible you've got a buggy driver for your FireWire card and it might be worth deleting the FireWire card and letting Windows install a fresh driver (assuming you're on Windows).

In short, it's not a universal problem with a simple fix. You're going to have to troubleshoot some possible factors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines