Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 crashes upon opening a project file

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,

I used the Premiere Elements for about five years but over this week I simply couldn't start working with it as it won't open.

I use a PC with Windows 10 and had no issues at all with the Premiere Elements 11 until now. (Photoshop Elements 11 continues to work without issues on the PC.)

I received the following log at the Windows Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x505bd85a

Faulting module name: dvacore.dll, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x505b9ba4

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x00000000000e0dfb

Faulting process ID: 0xa10

Faulting application start time: 0x01d2e7336fe43ed0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11\dvacore.dll

Report ID: 4c98ea06-f9f8-448a-984c-d126b0d768a0

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I look forward receiving any suggestions so that I could continue working on my projects.

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomcat_hun,

Sorry for the crashes with Premiere Elements 11 in Windows 10. I'm the PG from the Facebook thread earlier.

Have you had a look at either of these threads to try the suggestions to see if they'll fix this crash on your end as well?

Try some of the suggestions there, as troubleshooting this .dll crash can be tricky to diagnose.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

thanks for the feedback!

With regard to the first suggestion (Premiere Elements 11 will not open editor - has stopped working ), I checked my InVidia driver and it's the version 375.63 thus it is (/should be) more advanced than the one in the thread.

I go and see if the second suggestion works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

Unfortunately the second option did not work either? What are your suggestions as I need to continue working with my projects.

Regards,
Gábor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry nothing is working yet Gábor.

Have you tried uninstalling Premiere Elements and reinstalling it quite yet?

Download Photoshop Elements | 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10

Did you try going through these general troubleshooting steps for hangs/crashes? FAQ: Premiere Elements Hanging, or Crashing - Some Tips

Those would be the next steps I'd take at this point. Let us know if any of those work out.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling over the weekend using the original CD and serial number. Unfortunately it didn't help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

During the week I worked through a number of times the suggestions you mentioned. Unfortunately none of them worked.

I start getting anxious as this crash of PrE11 hinders the projects I have to work on for two weeks now and so far I don't have any solution in sight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're still seeing these crashes Gabor. After talking with my colleagues about this, it seems a common fix to this is a refresh/clean reinstall of the OS.

Since you've tried most all else as suggested in the threads mentioned previously, perhaps that's the next step here.

Depending on which update of Windows 10 you're using, you might be able to utilize the Windows 10 Fresh Start feature. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012986/windows-defender-track-your-device-performance-heal...

If that feature is not available, this page has a Tool that looks helpful: Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am having the same problem. Have tried the solutions above.

I don't want to start again with the operating system as this is a new PC set up with an SSD and other programs.

Is there nothing else Adobe can do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines