• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 crashing on editing attemps

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own premiere elements 11 and was able to use with a third generation i7 with 8gb of ram on a laptop. It ran relatively smoothly and I was able to add FX and change the gamma of shots and change color if necessary.

Here on my new computer with a fifth generation i5 with 8 gb of ram and a GTX 940M (2 gb VRAM) I am able to import video, cut video, add one transition if the application doesn't crash on me and also add moving animations. Otherwise I am not able to get any of the application to work. I cannot open the effects tabs, add transitions, add graphics or music or anything within the expert mode.

I have read through other posts and defragged my drive and found the correct version of premiere and updated all my drivers. Still nothing works which makes no sense because a machine that is superior to my older laptop and I cannot run a single thing. I ultimately do not know why I paid for this program if it doesn't work correctly on better hardware.

premiere elements crashes.JPG

Here is an image of what occurs if i simply click on transitions.

As you can see I was able to add transitions earlier when editing. So the software was working correctly, but for some reason the program started to slow down and would reduce the amount of features I could use. I didn't install anything in between that time or let microsoft update to the creators edition.

Message was edited by: Dhruba Dasgupta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which i5 processor do you have? How much free space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is the video?

I'd definitely recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the program as a start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines