Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11 has stopped loading

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!!

I'm having a frustraing time here.  I have a registered copy of Premiere elements 11, and it has been registered with Adobe' for quite a while.  Now, for some reason, this program has decided that it's a trial version.  This is a 3 PC version and I have it installed on two of my own machines.  The serial number shows up on my account with Adobe'.  Both of my computers are showing that this is a trial version and on the one machine, the trial has run out.  On the other machine it shows 28 days.  When I put the serial number into the box that appears, it tells me that the number is not valid, but it matches my account with Adobe'.  I am running Win 7 on all of my machines.  Does anybody have any idea what is going on??  I sat on hold for 40 minutes earlier today with Adobe' and nobody ever picked up the call.  I could use some ideas.

Thanks!!!

Kim Herron

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

"Does this have something to do with Adobe' deciding they're not going to support any older software "

No, it doesn't.

Are you sure that you are using a Premiere Elements serial number and not a Photoshop Elements serial number?

You can check your serial number by going to your Adobe account if you registered it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

I think that I've found the problem.  I bought Premiere Elements 11.  I THOUGHT that it included the Photoshop, and it does, but only the trial version.  It's been running for several months and now it wants a correct product key.  So NOW that I understand what's going on, how do I get a product key for the Photoshop Elements 11??  that's what I NEED.  BTW, I'm not impressed with Adobe' explanation of their various software packages and the changes that they make.  I find it very confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen a license for 3 computers, only for activation on two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, could be just two.  In any event it's only installed on two machines.  This program is still a verified and legitimate copy and should run.

But it's gone to being a trial version and it's not working properly.  Does this have something to do with Adobe' deciding they're not going to support any older software and taking down servers that contain the verified serial numbers??  I just ran in to this issue with Microsoft Office.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does this have something to do with Adobe' deciding they're not going to support any older software "

No, it doesn't.

Are you sure that you are using a Premiere Elements serial number and not a Photoshop Elements serial number?

You can check your serial number by going to your Adobe account if you registered it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-serial-number.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that I've found the problem.  I bought Premiere Elements 11.  I THOUGHT that it included the Photoshop, and it does, but only the trial version.  It's been running for several months and now it wants a correct product key.  So NOW that I understand what's going on, how do I get a product key for the Photoshop Elements 11??  that's what I NEED.  BTW, I'm not impressed with Adobe' explanation of their various software packages and the changes that they make.  I find it very confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe no longer sells product keys for version 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm not impressed with Adobe' explanation of their various software packages and the changes that they make.  I find it very confusing." 

Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements have a new version released each September or October of every year.   If you recently bought version 11, you were ripped off by someone selling a version only current eight years ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Getting ripped off is probably my fault.  But in all fairness to the seller, I am not running Win 10.  I'm running Win 7.  I don't need the latest versions to do what I need to do.  It's been difficult to find descriptions of Adobe's software packages and capabilities that are concise and short.  I was looking for something to do what I NEED to do and run on two machines.  My confusion between Premeire elements and Photoshop elements is not the sellers, fault, it's mine.  I will solve the issue by purchasing software that will do what I need.  BTW, I drive older cars too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines