Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 11

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!

i have following issue: I have a long video-file (about one hour long) and I want to divide it into smaller pieces (which can be easily done in Premiere Elements 11). When it comes to publishing/exporting, how can I make the program to save each clip SEPERATELY?

Thanks for the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a later version than you.  The tools are the same.  

You use the "Work Area Bars" to set a start and finish for the smaller pieces.

Untitled1.jpg

Then at output you use the Work Area Bar Only check box and an output quality matching your source media.  You'll end up with "smaller pieces".

Untitled2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other alternative is to use "Save As".  From you master project, Save as "Smaller 1", "Smaller 2", etc.  Open each and delete all but the smaller segment you want to work on. 

When finished with each smaller segment, output a high quality video.  

Finally, open an new "Final Project".  Import the finished videos from each of the smaller projects and output the master.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that editing in "segments" is not a part of Premiere Elements, a consumer product.  Premiere Pro has a segments capability built in.  I suspect other "professional" NLEs do that too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! is it possible to implement more "work area bars"? Otherwise i have to save every small clip seperately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no batch process for doing this, atba. You must select and output each segment individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines