Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 12.1 not starting up

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,
I'm using Premiere Elements 12.1 and since 1-2 months ago it will not start up anymore. The loading banner appears, gets to ImporterQuickTime.prm and then disappears again with nothing else happening.
I already tried reinstalling and deleting the "Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs" file.
I recently did a graphics card driver update, so that might be related. The Adobe support said that they don't support this old version anymore. I don't want to go back to the old graphics driver, because it would break other programs that need the new one.

System info:
Windows 10
Premiere Elements 12.1 (20140225.12.1.620828)
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 850M with newest driver 461.09

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be your graphics driver. And it might be worth rolling back the driver temporarily to at least see if that fixes it.

Otherwise, do you have Quicktime installed? Older versions of the program required it. Quicktime is no longer available for Windows but Quicktime Lite will still serve the purpose.

https://www.free-codecs.com/qt_lite_download.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I installed the oldest driver I could find and it works now. However, this isn't a great solution, because it breaks other programs. Do you have any ideas how to fix this without the old driver version or do I always need to switch my driver when I want to edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have the very newest driver from nVidia? 

What date is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So looking at dxdiag there are two GPUs in the system:
- GeForce GTX850M: Here I have the newest driver installed via GeForce Experience. Version 461.09 from 31/12/2020. For some reason dxidiag displays it as 27.21.14.6109

- Intel HD Graphics 4600: I haven't touched this one in a while, driver there is 20.19.15.4549 from 10/11/2016.

Do I need to do anything with the second card? I'm a bit afraid to break things if I change something there. When I reverted the GeForce driver to Version 353.30 Premiere worked again, but as I said I'd prefer a solution that doesn't require me to change drivers every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines