• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 12 and Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there , newbie on here so please bear with me .

I recently purchased Premier Elements 12 and Photoshop Elements 12 - but neither will work on my laptop running Windows 10 . (This PC was bought with Windows 8 and free upgrade to Windows 10 when it first came out ) .

The programmes install and load up ok . When you try to import any media the programme stops and just says the file has "stopped working" and the fault haas been reported to Windows .

I've tried un install/re-install , even tried running in compatability mode - no luck !

Have I bought too old a version for my pc ?

Thanks

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12 will run just fine on Windows 10. (Though you may want to test it in Windows 7 compatibility mode.)

What processor do you have, with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragged space is on your hard drive?

Which graphics card is on your laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve , what I’ve found so far : -

Intel Celeron CPU 1000M @1.8Ghz 1.8 Ghz

8Gb RAM (7.8Gb usable)

Intel HD graphics on a Toshiba laptop (2013) Deliverede with windows 8 , upgraded to windows 10

There is only 8Gb of hard drive space left – would that be the problem ?

Thanks

Alan

Alan Armstrong

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, Alan, but that processor isn't remotely powerful enough to run this program. This is probably why are you experiencing issues with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure ?

Find that odd when the pc is only 4 years old and was one of the best specs in its day ?

What would the minimum spec be ?

I already run full photoshop 7 and light room 4 on here with no problems .

Regards

Alan

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone from [removed private info by Mod.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use this benchmark chart.

PassMark Intel vs AMD CPU Benchmarks - High End

I always recommend you use a processor with a minimum rating of 6000. Your processor rates about 1850. (It's on the Low Midrange CPU chart page.)

But more serious is that you've only got 8 gigs of hard drive space left! That's not enough for the program to open and operate by any means. I'd never run my computer with less than 40 gigs of free space on my hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve ...... now got 450Gb of free hard drive space so will see if that works at all . As for the processor ? Never encountered issues until now .

Dilemma now to upgrade a 4 years old laptop or buy a better spec machine???

Regards

Alan

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone from 07710172292

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines