• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 12 Project Won't Open

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project in Premiere Elements 12 (admittedly rather large, with many assets, although most are smaller). As of yesterday I was working on it no problem, all of the sudden today I can't open - the program crashes with no error message or info message of any type beforehand; it simply won't open. It opens new projects perfectly fine, and any other projects I can work on all load fine. It's just this one file that will not open; it'll say 100% loaded and then crash. I still have all the assets on my computer so it should be able to find everything, however it's not even getting to that point. I realize now I probably should have worked in smaller projects and then imported them all into one but I didn't. Is there anything I can do to at the very least get the program to open so I can recover what I have, or open the file somewhere else for breakdown? I don't want to lose several months worth of work. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

Which processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

How long was your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 64 bit OS. Processor is Intel Core i7, 8 GB RAM (7.89 "usable") and I just did a manual defrag today. My project was about twenty minutes long (23 maybe? not sure exact); it was made up of lots of smaller clips with titles over them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you only have 8 gigabytes of space on your hard drive? That would certainly choke the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 GB RAM, 147 GB free in storage. And it's not the entire program, just this one project. Everything else opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will a backup open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines