Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 12 will not open but new project shows up in documents

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have been a long time user of photoshop and premiere elements 12.  I recently did a fresh install of windows on my new boot drive and I was able to successfully reinstall photoshop, but premiere has been giving me many problems.  I have reinstalled multiple times, and there has been improvement.

It stalls on ImporterQuickTime.prm, but when I deleted this file, it just stalled on other ones.  The application runs and seems to open because a New Video Project is saved to the folder where they would be saved and every time that I try to launch the software I get another new video project.

I've already tried deleting my preferences file and that did not help at all.

Any assistance in this matter would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a pretty old program and there may well be missing components. What operating system are you on?

That version of the program will require components from Quicktime. I recommend you uninstall and reinstall the program and that you either install Quicktime, opting out of the Quicktime Player, or Quicktime Alternative. The links are below.

https://support.apple.com/kb/DL762?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

https://www.free-codecs.com/qt_lite_download.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am on Windows 10 version 2004.  I will try to install again opting out of the quick time player.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines