• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements 12

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is support for Premiere Elements ending?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and no.  Corporate policy at Adobe is has shifted to direct support for current subscriptions products and perpetual products no older than two versions.   However, this forum is sponsored by Adobe for users to help users and version 12 is not too old for that.  

What issue are you having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not having any issues with 12 at the moment.  I have it installed on my Home PC and on my laptop.  I use the laptop in the field when I'm shooting videos.  I just purchased 2021 and installed it on my PC.   The download and install was very tricky and time consuming.  I had to restart the install a couple of times.  But I think I now have it working properly.  I'm afraid to install it on the laptop until I figure the 2021 version out.  I don't want to be having trouble with it while out in the field with no help available.

Question, do I now have to uninstall the 12 version from my Home PC?  If not, can I still use that version if I have any problems with 21?

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is support for Premiere Elements ending?

It ended a long time ago: with the release of Elements 13 or 14.

Elements 12 and 2021 work independently.

I would keep E12 it for a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not open projects from Version 12 in Version 2021.  There are too many things changed and the newer version can corrupt projects from the older version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, all good advice.  I just made a test video with 21 on my home PC.  I then uploaded did to YouTube.  It seemed to go well and played fine.  I didn't have any new program issues. Now I'm thinking that it would okay to download and install it on the Laptop.  Since I did not get any discs with the new program, walk me through how to go about putting it on the LP.  My guess is that I go to the download site and download it.  Then at the installation it will ask me for a serial number.  Which I recorded.  Is that bacsically all I have to do?  I'm not sure where the download site it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines