• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 13: CPU overheating when saving video

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an all-in-one PC with i5, built-in Intel graphics, Windows 7.

I created a video that is about 8 minutes long. Before saving it as an MP4 with 852x480 pixels, I clicked the render button. Still, when the saving process reaches about 44%, the internal fan starts to go wild and sounds like a vacuum cleaner. There's so much hot air coming out of the computer, that I have to click abort because I fear my computer might break.

Is there anything I can do so that the CPU won't overheat? I can only think of the pre-rendering function. Maybe change Premiere Elements to a lower CPU priority in the task manager?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CPU will not overheat if the fan comes on to keep it cool enough.  That's why it is there.  If video rendering is working right, the CPU should get warm enough to trigger the fans.  

Further, if an Intel CPU does overheat, it will slow down.  If that doesn't work, it will shut down.  So, if the vents are clear and the fan is running, all is normal. 

Unless the computer has been in a dirty environment and full of dust, you are OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines