Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 13: Footage not being seen in edit

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am editing a wedding video. After completing the edit and being happy. I took a few days off. After a few days off I opened my project to find the screen that pops up and normally asks you 'where clip 36' is etc. I pressed Skip all as the box did not give me the option to find the footage.

I could seem y timeline and all the edits in place. Half the film was there with the footage and the other half was there in its edit position but without the footage.

I restarted the project hoping to be able to be given the option to find the footage in the box which normally says 'where is clip 36' etc but again the box did not give me that option so I had to press skip all again. Then I had to write down all the clip footage names. Find it on computer re-import into project assets and then line it all up again above the edited footage to re-edit.

My QUESTION is WHY has this happened and why is my adobe premeire elements a) not able to sync the footage to the edit I've already done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You footage is not "in" your project.  Adding media makes pointers to the footage.  If you move it the link is broken.  A good practice is to put copies of the media you want to use in one folder and keep it there until you are completely finished with a project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the media back on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've misunderstood or I haven't explained myself. The footage is on the computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it in the original location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines