Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 13 Missing Audio Features

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I was looking for some help as I recently installed Premiere Elements 13 onto a new computer and when I went to add a few audio clips using the button below the timeline there was nothing there for me to add in either the "Sound Effects" or "Music Score" pages. Normally there is a library of either effects or music that I can add but the library seems to be missing. I had no issues during download so maybe my computer just isn't recognising the files that are locked away somewhere?

My OS is windows 10 if that helps anyone find information as I am at a loss and will need the audio functions to complete some projects I have coming up.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Colin

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved to the specific forum so the actual users can read your question and help]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a user, I don't know how to verify this, but I suspect that version 13 is old enough that the files may no longer on Adobe servers for download.

An altrnative is to add your own music and effect file from the internet through the add media process just like you do with videofiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long shot but try this and report the results.

Go to C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Elements 13/Plug-Ins/Common/NewBlue and delete OldFilm.AEX -- then restart the program.

At one point this effect was corrupting and making the program do strange things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve Grisetti and whsprague,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I deleted the file OldFilm.aex and restarted and I have a few of the files available in the library but oddly enough I only have effects under the "Fire and Explosions" category. The music seems to be all there but I think whsprague​ might be onto something when he said the files might not be supported by adobe any more.

If anyone else sees this and has any ideas please reply to this.

Thanks,

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem with PE 2018. I still don't have any of the sound effects or music score; nothing seems to help.  So I just download royalty-free music.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines