• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements 14 audio out of sync

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After recording the clip to MP4 everything is fine, just when I put it on premiere elements the audio goes out of sync and really annoys me. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know asap.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This most often happens when the MP4s you're editing use Variable Frame Rates. (You don't say where your MP4s are coming from, but they are most likely from non-camcorder sources.)

The easiest fix is to convert the MP4s to new MP4s with Constant Frame Rates using the free download Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only fixes 1/3 of it and i am not willing to spend extra money, is there any other alternatives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually adjust the playback speed of the video so that it speeds up or slows down a bit to match the audio. But that's really a trial and error thing -- though these are the challenges of working with non-camcorder video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just realised the sound is out of sync only on one of my games (rainbow six) and cod and stuff are all right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably because you recorded the video using FRAPS or some other screen recording software that saves your MP4s with a variable frame rate, as I initially said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much @Steve Grisetti ! Just found your advice above having struggled for days in Elements wondering why the hell my video and audio was going out of sync. So frustrating. Downloaded handbrake and converted by variable rate screencapture work training videos to constant rate and they now video and audio stays in sync in Elements(14). Saved the day buddy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines