• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 14 - Serial Number already in use... How to reset approvals...

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks. I had to reinstall Premiere Elements 14 as I was having some issues. Upon reinstalling, I chose to install it onto a different hard drive than before (same computer system). My serial number for the software was entered on installation and all went well.

Now, when opening the program, I am greeted with the message;"The serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer to use this product".

This has been the only computer the software has ever been installed to, so I find it a bit odd. I've looked into my Adobe Account for ways to reset the allowed computers, but can't seem to find anything. Is there a way to have the approved "computers" reset so I can activate this new installation?

Many thanks in advance!

- Martin

EDIT: I went back to the software, and closed the window which stated that the serial number was in use. It asked me if I wished to quit, I selected Yes, but the software stays open and appears to be functional? Very wierd. Still though, I'd still appreciate any help, as I'm sure the problem still remains.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose to install it onto a different hard drive

Bad idea. Programs need to be on the bootdrive as in C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. Thing is, the previous installation was on a non-bootdrive... Drive D (my secondary HDD). I chose to reinstall it onto the Bootdrive C this time round (SSD), which has given me the current issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines