• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere elements 14 wont start up anymore

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone help me to get into premiere elements 14 please. It had lagging problems then i turned off my laptop and now i cant get back in. I double click on the icon and nothing happens. I then try installing the program again, hoping a copied one will allow me to get in, but then a message comes up saying cant install because adobe premiere elements 14 is still open.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Task Manager and under the Applications tab, right click Premiere Elements 14 and then click "go to process."  Click "end process."  You should be able to open it now.

Another method would be to restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but i tried both those things and it still hasn't worked. Would uninstalling it then reinstalling it work? Would that delete my work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

craigr91391236  wrote

Would uninstalling it then reinstalling it work?

Maybe.

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool (yes, it works for Premiere Elements, too):

Use the CC Cleaner Tool for installation issues

craigr91391236  wrote

Would that delete my work?

Premiere Elements doesn't store your media and project files.  You "own" them and they are on your hard drive where you saved them (and hopefully backed them up on an external hard drive).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping. uninstalling it and reinstalling it worked. I was then able to get in the program and use it, but today its happening again and probably will keep happening. For reasons i dont know. Bad things have started to happen though after i updated Avast. Like computer got slower, then i took away the avast's master password system and now my computer cant remember my passwords and usernames, i have to type it every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried troubleshooting and then found that it said its a compatibility issue. Which i dont understand because it worked for windows 8 compatibility before, even when my laptop, that it is now with windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

craigr91391236  wrote

I tried troubleshooting and then found that it said its a compatibility issue.

Can you please give specific details?

craigr91391236  wrote

Please let me know at least if youre going to give up helping me.

I'm not giving up.  I was waiting to see if others might have a solution for you.

I was also out of town for a day.  Please remember that this is a forum with help mostly from volunteers (like me) who work full time jobs and there are only occasional Adobe staff appearances.

Don't give up on me- I want to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt use the clean up tool when i reinstalled it. Would that help with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried it. I forgot to tell you something that happened last time thats happened again. The adobe premiere elements 14 main menu wondnt stop loading, The menu where theres the photo editor, organizer and video editor options, I had to force close it, and it said it was not responding. Then said it was checking for the solution of the problem. Then it went away. Then i tried to open up premiere elements again and it wouldnt start up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not resolved. Please let me know at least if youre going to give up helping me. or ill presume so after a while and try someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines