• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 & 19 on same computer?

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would there be an issue of having two licensed versions of Premiere Elements on the same computer (PE 15 & PE 19)?

Didn't know if there would be any conflict with the programs.  I am currently running Windows 7.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

No issue. Are two separate programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issue. Are two separate programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is correct.  But, be aware that projects created in one may not ( probably won't) work in the other.  Each has different features that will bake into the project files.  Those files will corrupt if opened in a different version.  In other words, Premiere Elements does not feature "backward compatibility".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is good to know.  I have currently PE 19 on my Windows 7 computer and I shoot mainly AVCHD.  As you are aware, the audio with an AVCHD files because of the codec issue does not import.  I would be converting the files to MP4 before the import.

I received PE 15 today, and it is to be a way for me to quickly import my AVCHD video, do my editing, and export to Blu-Ray.  I am just maximizing the use of my Windows 7 computer while I learn the program, then eventually upgrade to a totally editing powerhouse Windows 10 machine.  I have been experimenting with my AVCHD files converted to MP4, edited and then exported to Blu-Ray.  Visually I cannot see any degradation of the image, but I have read AVCHD has a slight edge in image quality over MP4.

One thing I want to experiment with is editing some clips with color correction, effects, etc., then export them as completed MP4 or AVCHD clips, then bring them back into the same program and layer additional effects.   For example, a Hollywood Old Film clip, then bring it back in and apply some other color correction.  Back in my days of being a "Professional" video production editor, I could do this.  Just wanting to see how many layers of effects I could do and still keep good looking broadcast quality video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements does not produce broadcast quality.

Even converting to mp4 is destructive (which is done how?)

One thing I want to experiment with is editing some clips with color correction, effects, etc., then export them as completed MP4 or AVCHD clips, then bring them back into the same program and layer additional effects. 

Even more destructive.

Then exporting them again with compression added.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar question. I have Photoshop Elements 8 on windows 10 machine and just purchased Photoshop Elements 19 and would like to have on the same machine. Would versions that old and new cause negative issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines