• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 DVDs don't burn

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I was always burning my projects on DVDs and recently it stopped doing it. I first thought I have problems with my old DVD burner but I replaced it with a new one. No deference. I use Mac with iOS Mohave. I can save project as mp4 file but no DVD.

Does anybody know what could it be? Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my computer it was a change/update in the operating system that rendered the optical disk drivers useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where you able to fix it? How? I'm sure I still can burn CDs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

morsch76  wrote

Where you able to fix it? How? I'm sure I still can burn CDs

No, I did not fix it.  It was an ASUS gaming laptop and it seemed that the needed drivers would have to come from the optical disk drive maker (Toshiba??).   I had transitioned to HD quality and had tried Blu-Rays for awhile.  My HD workflow transitioned to 4K.   That resulted in using MP4 files on thumb drives and using Vimeo to send to more distant friends. 

In other words, my failure to fix the drive was coincident with me not wanting to use DVDs anymore.  The quality is too low.  Since then, I've moved on to a laptop that does not have DVD/Blu-Ray drive.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Thank you for your time. I'll try to find a solution anyway.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there is a solution.  I gave it a couple hours of work and moved on.  In my case the problem came with updating Windows 7 to Windows 10 (while it was free).  I didn't find solutions on Microsoft and ASUS websites.   I didn't find a website for the drive manufacturer.

I'm pretty sure what I needed was a Windows 10 compatible driver from the drive company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted Apple tech support they recommended to downgrade to the previous version of iOS to solve the problems. That's what I'm going to do! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, Thank you for your response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines