• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 hanging during start (Windows 10)

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Premiere Elements 15 on Windows 10 Pro (18362.356) (HP Elitebook, i7 processor, 32 GB RAM). It used to work, but it does no more. I can see Adobe Premiere Elements on my task bar, but it will never open, even if I wait for long (24 hours plus).

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but no success

Any idea?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I looked at %appdata%\Local\Temp\amt3.log. It says something about licensing being OK. I could not find anything scary (... waiting for ...). Same about Procmon: Everything seems to be fine. Nothing seems to be missing, no access to old projects or missing TMP files.

If I right click this "Adobe Premiere Elements 15"  label um my task-bar it does not do anything. However if I click close a window pops up. I guess, this should be the splash screen, however it is black. If I click close now, Windows offers to kill the task

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peru Bob. I tried, but had no success. Photoshop Elements (I actually don't even need it) works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be time for a reinstallation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as I have mentioned above: I already reinstalled. I have updated drivers. All without success, I am very disappointed. Seems like it's a crap program. I'm loosing trust in Adobe :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Seems like it's a crap program."  This is a primarily a user to user forum.  Most users find Premiere Elements somewhere between better and best for creating home videos from consumer cameras.  

You're having an installation problem with a three plus year old program on a machine that gets Windows updates monthly.    

So, rather than trying to decide if the program is crap or not, try to fix it.  Where is the isntallation file coming from?  What process are you using to uninstall/reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks whsprague for binging some light into complete darknes.

Uninstall is something, you would do from control pannel, won't you? And I install from original CD, like any legitimate customer would do.

Sure, I try to fix it. That's why I dealed with procmon (I would not do this just for fun). I checked network trafic during installation, during starting of the program. Don't know what else I could have done. I try to find help, but no success.

Many of the programs, I'm currently using, are elder than this one and still work well. I even use a program dating back to 2005 (WSFTP), long time before even Microsoft knew about Windows 10. The age of the program is no excuse as long as it is written to support Windows 10, and that's what's written on the box. This one worked more or less fine (it always was not that stable), but out of a sudden, it refused to work, and it seems to be impossible to make it working again. I already spent several hours on it, I spent money on it, so it's just natural to be disappointed? And, by the way, it's not the only program coming from Adobe, causing trouble. Same about lightroom, some functions (i.e. GPS tagging images) stopped working after Adobe updater updated this program. So you are surprised I'm not sure about Adobe at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bine,  I really would like to help.  It doesn't appear that I will be much use to your needs.  I'm sorry.

This is a user to user forum.  Regular users here like Adobe software!   And, it works for us.  Adobe programs are so widely used that there are lots of blogs, forums, websites and authors that have no direct connection with Adobe.  You may have better luck there than here.  I sincerely wish you luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines