Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 - importing numbered stills for time-lapse

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I hope someone can help - this is driving me nuts!! I want to import a number of stills, using the 'numbered stills' check box, to create a time-lapse video - but it's only importing the first still.  And if I try importing all stills from a source which has them in sequence, they are imported out of sequence - although the image names are definitely sequential

So, the 'numbered stills' option seems not to be working. But also it's not importing in sequence. I am very new to the software, so I assume I'm doing something wrong . . . please HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

You'll need to select all of the stills in order to import them all into your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2017 Jul 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you importing numbered stills.  There are several ways to add stills to a project.

Can you describe step by step what you're doing?

I get the idea you've got several consecutive still photos that you want to load to the timeline in a specific order, each still lasting just a frame or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me, so, I filmed some footage on a GoPro on a time-lapse setting, one frame every 5 seconds - I have 1040 stills, and they're numbered consecutively.

In Premiere Elements 15, i want to create a video of the time-lapse. I go to Add Media, got to the folder which holds the 1040 stills - there is a check box at the bottom of the dialogue box titled 'numbered stills' - I check this box, choose the the first still, and import. According to several YouTube tuition videos, this should bring all stills into 'my project' - it only imports the highlighted still.

I've tried highlighting all 1040 - which are all definitely named in sequence - but they are imported out of sequence.

That's what I'm doing - can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to select all of the stills in order to import them all into your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you - I had tried this previously, and it didn't work, as in, it was importing them out of sequence. But this has now worked. The reason I wanted to use the 'numbered stills' option is that, apparently, this automatically imports without the time space between each still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines