• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15: "Edit Original" is greyed out.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings: I just migrated my Premiere Elements 15 to a new PC. Previously, while making slideshows, I could right click on a clip (still frame really) and "edit original". This would switch me over to an old legacy permanent licence of Photoshop CS 4 where I could edit that image. After migrating, I only have "edit in Photoshop Elements" available. "Edit Original" is greyed out. Keep in mind this worked previously - the old and new computers are both Windows 10. I am running Classic Shell, but I expect that shouldn't matter.  How can I get back "edit original"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was not aware the choice was even a possibility!  That would be really useful!  I checked and mine is the same. 

The "official" instruction manual is here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

I did a search on "edit original" and got seven hits.  One says:  "Edit a clip in its original application --- Some files contain embedded information, called a project link, which indicates the application in which they were created. Adobe Photoshop Elements, Adobe Audition, and Adobe After Effects® create files with project links."

I hope someone comes up with how to create "project links" in Photoshop versions including CS4!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines