Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 render slow and CPU Usage hovers 50-60%

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When exporting a 1080p 60FPS video, it seems like it takes a while, and my CPU usage sits at around 50-60%.  15 minute vid takes 25-30 to export.   

My system specs are as follows:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 OC to 3.9GHz

16 GB RAM

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Shouldn't the CPU usage be higher while exporting?  I already checked to see if all cores are used, and they are.  What am I missing? 

Thanks in advance for your reply! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1080p60 is usually to the AVCHD specs that have the reputation of being complex.   A 1 to 2 render time is actually pretty good.  The usual bottle neck is the read and write speeds of the hard drive, not the CPU.    To allow the CPU to work faster, it the computer has to get data to and from the drive faster.  The tradional solution was to have the software on one drive, the source material on a second drive and output to a third.  Now that we have solid state drives speeds improve it you can use one for all three. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines