• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 shuts down

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a previously produced and recorded show and it opened fine.  A few minutes later when I tried to open the show again  Premiere Elements 15 shut down immediately.  I have three shows experiencing the same issue. All other shows I've produced open up fine. 

I'm preparing to upgrade to Premiere Elements 2019 and I want to make sure all previously produced shows open up.  For some reason, I have three shows that will not  open even though the previously did.  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Premiere Elements, it's best to edit a project only in the version of the program you started it. So you should not open a project created in version 15 with version 2019.

Hard to say why you're project is shutting down every time you open it. What operating system do you have? Which processor with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

How long is your project? What model of camcorder is your source video coming from and what is that video's format and resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Grisetti

Thank you for the prompt response. I purchase a new version of Elements and Premiere Elements every two years. I've been very happy with the product and plan to continue using it.

I've been using Adobe Elements and Premiere Elements for many years and this is the first time I've experienced this issue. We travel a lot and after each trip we produce a DVD using both still images and video from a variety of sources.

My operating system is Windows 10. The system includes an Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 2600 CPU@3.40 GHz processor with 16meg of RAM. C drive is 0% fragmented. There is 1.12 TB of free space on my hard drive. Resolution should not be an issue. There is no difference between the images and videos used in the problem shows versus the shows that open up fine.

I currently have 19 shows that I can open in Premiere Elements 15 even though some of them were produced in versions 11 and 13. I have three shows that were produced in version 13 that will not open in either 13 or 15. When I attempt to open these shows in Premiere Elements 13 I receive a notice that an "unknown error has occurred".

Steve B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've opened a project created in version 11 or 13 with version 15, you will never be able to open the project in version 11 or 13 again. And, as I said above, opening an older version project in a newer version of the program can corrupt the file and make it completely uneditable.

I don't know if that's what's going on in your case. The test would be to start a new project in version 15 and see if you can complete it in version 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a new project and Premiere Elements 15 operates fine.

The shows that I created on 11 and 13 can be opened and edited in 15.

I really don't want to have more than two versions of Elements loaded on my system. I do intend to upgrade to Premiere Elements 2019 so at some point I plan to delete Premiere Elements 13.

For some reason three files have been corrupted. This isn't a deal breaker since everything else seems to be OK. If push comes to shove I could recreate the three shows.

At this point it appears you've provided all the help you can. Thanks for your time.

Steve B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have backups?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, in a way. I use Carbonite which backs up in real time. All of my images and videos are backed up there as well as they're backed up to an external hard drive. So it would appear that the three corrupted files would also be corrupted on the Carbonite back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines