• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 window smears when moving it. Please help!!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am working on a project in Premiere elements and decide to move the window to my second monitor (or move anywhere) it smears/trails/streaks everywhere. Please see the screenshot I attached. Does anyone have a fix? It never used to do this. I tried to uninstall and reinstall with no luck. Only this software does this. All other programs and windows are fine... Something strange I noticed is that if I remote into this PC from another PC and move the window, it does not streak.

Windows 7 x64 Enterprise

Intel Xeon E5-1620 3.5ghz

Dual screen

Dual Quadro K620 cards

16GB Memory

DX 11

Dual HDD's Over 3TB space available

Video card drivers updated

Windows updated

Adobe premiere elements smearing when moving the window in windows 7 enterprise 64.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Everyone!! I found the issue to my problem here

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/windows-leave-trail-when-dragging-in-windows-7-on-new-machine.2369720/

Turns out it was the Windows 7 Theme that caused the issue. It was set to custom. I changed the Theme and it went away. Very strange, yet so simple. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru Bob, thanks for the reply. I've tried to update them without any luck. I'll give the roll back a shot. If you have any other ideas please let me know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everyone!! I found the issue to my problem here

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/windows-leave-trail-when-dragging-in-windows-7-on-new-machine.2...

Turns out it was the Windows 7 Theme that caused the issue. It was set to custom. I changed the Theme and it went away. Very strange, yet so simple. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines