• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 with Dell Alienware Incompatible Display Driver

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 15 on my Dell Alienware Windows 10 computer. It won't load. The software is now unusable. When I open Adobe Premiere Elements 15, it stops loading at PlayerMediaCore.prm. It then waits a few minutes and says "We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback performance, please update your display driver". I go to NVIDIA Geforce Experience and make sure that my drivers are updated. They are.

What is going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

I had a long call with a very good member of Adobe Tech Support. I mentioned to him that this solution from the Adobe community (below) had worked, but was curious what he thought-

1. open device manager

2. find "display adapters" this might also be called "display drivers?"

3. right click on the Nvidia video card

4. click "disable device"

5. open elements

6.  reopen device manager

7. repeat step 2 and 3

8. click "enable device"

The Tech Support guy felt that you needed to restart your computer to get th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For clarity, Graphics Card: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It comes up here once in awhile that Premiere Elements doesn't run with the latest Nvidia driver.  I think the problem is that Nvidia releases an update for a particular game and more "ordinary" software gets stuck.  In my case, I have an ASUS gamer with Nvidia graphics for video editing and I've stopped updating drivers because I don't use it for games.

Usually the solution is to use the Nvidia system and website to "roll back" a version or two.

If that doesn't work, consider a chat session with Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh boy. Adobe Customer Care gave up and asked me to post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you or Customer Care tried to "roll back" to an earlier version of the Nvidia Driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I have not tried that yet. Should I assume that there is no genuine answer to this problem? and rollbacks are the only possible solution at this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobAdobe15  wrote

No, I have not tried that yet. Should I assume that there is no genuine answer to this problem? and rollbacks are the only possible solution at this time?

No.  I probably responded too quickly.   There may be other solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about all those references to baddriver.txt in the other message boards? Any thoughts on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobAdobe15  wrote

What about all those references to baddriver.txt in the other message boards? Any thoughts on that?

"baddriver.txt " comes up here too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing some looking and dug this one out of my notes from a post here months ago.

"We have detected an incompatible display driver. To get a better and faster playback.  Update your driver."

1. open device manager

3. right click on the video card

5. open elements

7. repeat step 2 and 3

8. click "enable device"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one that comes up here is that users of computers with high performance graphics cards can turn off the card and rely on the graphics built in to the Intel CPU.  It is more than enough for Premiere Elements.   No, I've never tried to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Once I re-enable my Nvidia card, it is used again? How do I know when display adapter is being used? There does not seem to be a check mark next to Nvidia, nor Intel's card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHSprague, Do you have any idea if this problem is also associated with Premiere Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BobAdobe15  wrote

WHSprague, Do you have any idea if this problem is also associated with Premiere Pro?

I've just started learning "Pro".  And, like all video editors it can have issues too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a long call with a very good member of Adobe Tech Support. I mentioned to him that this solution from the Adobe community (below) had worked, but was curious what he thought-

1. open device manager

3. right click on the Nvidia video card

5. open elements

7. repeat step 2 and 3

8. click "enable device"

The Tech Support guy felt that you needed to restart your computer to get the Nvidia video card working again. He felt that I actually was just using the Intel Graphics card, despite re-enabling the Nvidia card and that is why Adobe Premier Elements was working.

Given that my Nvidia card is much more powerful than my Intel Graphics card, he wanted to get that working. He took over control of my computer and checked a variety of things, but in the end, he felt that the Nvidia Graphics Card drivers from March 2018 and April 2018 were not compatible with the current Adobe Premiere Elements 15. So, we went to Device Manager, select Display Adapter, select the Nvidia card, update my driver, browse my computer, let me pick, picked the old May 2017 version.  That fixed it. Initially,  we tried the old March 2018 version, but that also had a problem. We had to roll back all the way to May 2017 version and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines