• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 won't close

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched but couldn't find anything on this specific problem. . . After saving my work, I click to close the program and nothing happens. I end up having to 'force close' the program. This only happens when I open the program from my desktop shortcut. I can edit to my hearts content, and save my work, but when I go to close it just sits there. The red X turns gray, but that's it. Nothing else happens. But if I open my saved work, the program opens fine, I can edit, everything works AND it closes without out a problem. Also, if I open my saved work, and then click File - New, I can create a new project, edit, etc., save, and in this instance the program will also close without a problem. So it only happens if I open the program from my desktop shortcut (open the program directly - a blank project).

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, fresh install on a brand new higher end computer that is working flawlessly with all other programs. BTW, I am on the trial version of the program (first day at it actually). Not sure if that has something to do with it or not. I am loving the software otherwise, but this problem has me concerned and a bit frustrated. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, fixes or suggestions.

Mike B.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing a bit here, but try deleting the shortcut and making a new one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it does not fix the problem. It did however lead me to another thing to try. I clicked on the start button, and from the recently added programs list, I clicked on Premiere Elements and opened it from there. But that had the same effect as opening it from the shortcut. Same exact behavior. Won't close. Well, thanks again in any case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines