• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Audio Issue

Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had clips from several different cards, several different cameras, and several different formats, where not all of the audio imports into my project. However,

they import fine in Elements 14. I can't track down a common denominator with this issue.

Is there an update to Elements 2018 that fixes this?

Thanks for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you heard of this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try reinstalling Premier Elements 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled Elements 2018 and now all of my SD cards from various cameras only load 27 minutes worth of audio. All of the video imports fine, just not the audio.

Also, all of the various cameras are recording AVCHD. Not sure if that helps.

As mentioned earler, everything loads perfectly fine in Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could Premiere Elements 14 which is on the same computer be causing some issue with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevedross  wrote

Could Premiere Elements 14 which is on the same computer be causing some issue with it?

I don't see how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the audio issue? Are you just not hearing your timeline play?

What happens if you go to the Edit menu and select Preferences/Audio Hardware and then switch around some of the settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm busted, I'm actually asking for a friend. Anyway, regardless of the SD card,

and which camera he records on, he says that it will import about 27 min. of a 1 hour show and then

stop. So he only gets 27 min. of audio. His version of 14 works flawlessly.

I've taken a real interest in his problem since I've purchased 10 of the Elements 18 licenses

for our access station. 14 works great for us, but we need to upgrade. So any help is appreciated.

Also, thanks for your training videos Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevedross  wrote

regardless of the SD card, and which camera he records on, he says that it will import about 27 min. of a 1 hour show

SD cards will break long shots into pieces due to format limitations.   How is the 1 hour shot getting from the card to the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response about the SD cards, but we're long time users of Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro.

And the person I'm referring to has a great deal of Elements experience. Besides, everything imports fine

in Elements 14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also no.  I just installed Premiere Elements 2018 Windows version.  Doesn't import audio from AVCHD type files (.MTS). They know about the problem and online helpdesk says 30-45 days for update.  There are also issues with screen freezes that I'm experiencing. Definitely don't go this way....

jn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnn75563759  wrote

Also no.  I just installed Premiere Elements 2018 Windows version.  Doesn't import audio from AVCHD type files (.MTS).

My experience is that it does!  I have a Panasonic camcorder that shoots AVCHD.  The MTS files import fine, audio waveform is visible and it plays through the speakers just like it has since about version 11.  Editing is a smooth and pleasant process.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an identical problem
on my Windows computer. It is not possible to import video clips (.MTS/AVCHD) from
a Canon Legria cam)  whatsoever without loosing the audio track. It doesn’t
matter what clip I import to the project.

There is nothing wrong about the original
files and they still works perfect in Premiere Elements 14. Right now I can not
use the software. I would appreciate a quick fix so I don´t have to regret the
purchase of the 2018 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BestefarGbg  wrote

I have an identical problem
on my Windows computer.

which windows version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 7 enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is your issue, read the link in post 19.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, realised this when I tried to do the same in Premiere Pro - no sound at all.

I have never ever experiened functions like this has expired because of old OS but its just to face it.

So...thanks for all support this day. Time to visit IT department...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVCHD video not only works fine in Premiere Elements, it's the ideal format to edit with the program!

The issue only comes up when you've got your camcorder set to record your audio as Dolby Digital.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,  this continues to be confusing.  My camera says it records in Dolby 5.1 "Surround".   Dolby trademarks are present on the camera and manual.  Preview playing in software like Lightroom has always been silent.  However, Premiere Elements treats it as two channel stereo and works fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks, it's good to try and hash things out, and it's good to hear it's working for you.  Part of my frustration is that most any other software will deal with Dolby audio right out of the box.  i also shoot with a Panasonic cam (AGAC 160 P), and have a ton of video with Dolby Audio encoded. Furthermore, the tech specs say nothing about this issue, and online help doesn't seem to understand that the issue lies with Dolby audio.  I've spent two long hours on chat with them, and their only solution was to encode from MTS to MP4 using handbrake.  That's really a less than optimal solution.  Apparently, an upgrade to Windows OS 10, or possibly 8.1 with some additional checks on media packs etc. will fix.  If that's the case, but it's dangerous to believe everything you read on the internet ; )  put that it the tech. specs already!   This is really terrible business practice.  I can edit video on my Macbook at home with software that was free, with no issues, so I'm really chuffed. 

Cheers,

john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Ann  : ) looks like time for a windows update....

jn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines