• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Constantly Crashing

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've purchased, downloaded, and installed Premiere Elements 2018 this evening.    After adding media, PE freezes and then crashes constantly.   I've used the rename trick on the ..\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Elements\16.0 file twice.  No change.  

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks,

Dan.

System Config:

• Workstation (not laptop) less than 18 months old
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @4.00Ghz
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • System and project data disks are SSDs with hundreds of GB free on each
  • Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit OS, with latest updates (Version 1803, Build 17134.165)

Windows Application Event Log - Two Errors:

The program PremiereElementsEditor.exe version 16.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 45ac

Start Time: 01d419a78cdbaa65

Termination Time: 19

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2018\PremiereElementsEditor.exe

Report Id: 73f5fe62-3858-4cf1-977d-0566803d8b5e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And

Faulting application name: PDApp.exe, version: 10.0.0.49, time stamp: 0x577f74a6

Faulting module name: combase.dll, version: 10.0.17134.112, time stamp: 0xcdc43ef4

Exception code: 0xc0000602

Fault offset: 0x0008144a

Faulting process id: 0xa70

Faulting application start time: 0x01d419a66e9a6f1e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\combase.dll

Report Id: 859ca2b6-07a8-482d-b080-46ca3cfe670e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is your video's format and resolution?

With that machine and this program, you certainly should not be experiencing instability of any kind. However, if you're editing video from a non-camcorder source, it could be that something in the video file is affecting your performance.

Although the PDApp error code also seems to indicate you have the Creative Cloud or other Pro software installed -- and that Photoshop may be generating the crash codes. Do you have Photoshop Pro installed? Which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Good questions.  Thanks.

The camera is a Panasonic GH3.  The clips were recorded AVCHD Progressive @ 1920 X 1080, 60p.

Regarding Photoshop...  Photoshop CC 2018 and Lightroom CC Classic are installed.   Both are at the latest versions.  Neither were running while attempting to edit with Premiere Elements.

Thanks,

Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional Info:

1. Loading one clip to the media folder and then dragging to timeline - No issues
  2. Moving the current timeline indicator (shuttle) back and forth - No issues.  Works fine.  Clip monitor shows image at that position.
  3. Clicking the play button freezes the monitor image.   Moving the shuttle does NOT cause the image to change.   Clicking the close button ("X") results in crash.

I hope this helps find a solution.

Thanks,

Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another data point:

I downloaded and installed a test copy of Vegas Pro 15.     Frankly, after years of working with Premiere and Premiere Elements (since 2001), I don't feel comfortable with its UI and it seems more difficult to use.  However, it DOES work.  No crashes.

Regards,

Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another data point...

I downloaded and installed a test copy of CyberLink PowerDirector.  Again, I don't feel comfortable with its UI.  However, like Vegas it works.  No crashes.

This issue seems limited to Premiere Elements.

Regards,

Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry. I don't have a solution for you. There is nothing obvious going on.

I assume you've assured you've got the latest drivers for your graphics card from the nVidia or AMD web sites (rather than trusting Windows to do it).

I'd recommend you contact Adobe Customer Care via chat. They are usually very good at resolving this issues.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Hi.  Yes, the drivers are the latest and greatest.   And, just to be sure, I reinstalled the drivers.  No change.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Regards,

Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have the same problem. The program (Elements 2018) always ends in the middle of the editing phase. Or by playback. Camera is Gopro Hero 6, PC is Dell xps. Bad Adobe Support. Impossible to send direct mail, must apply to forum. Would not recommend Adobe Elements to anyone.

Kjell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that for whatever reason Adobe PE will blacklist a file. I suspect it is due to a glitch during the import or somewhere along the way. Anyway when this happens to me the first thing I do is delete the corrupted files the attempted export makes, along with doing a full windows system files disk cleanup. Reboot the computer and then, this is the crucial and odd part, make a copy of the file or files you attempted to use. Adobe will see the copies as new files and will start from scratch, bypassing the glitch and usually won't crash. I suggest that you leave the " Copy " at the end of the file to make sure Adobe doesn't tag it as the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dan,

Did you try importing and playing other media files in Premiere elements? For eg, a video shot on your phone or any video file downloaded from internet? This will help us narrow down the problem. Because as Steve said, there is no issue with playback and this should be working fine.

Thanks,

Nidhi Bhushan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines