• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Crashed today

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Elements 2018 crashed earlier today and will no longer work correctly.

I can open it and add media and put it in the timeline and render it  but it will not allow me to do anything else.

It will not play, will not edit, will not recognize my headphones and when I try to close it, it just freezes up and I have to go in through the task manager to close the program.

It is not giving any error messages.

I have restarted my computer many times and cleared all the cache files.

If anyone knows a fix for this any help would be appreciated. thank you

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you running it on? What is your processor, how much RAM do you have and how much free space is on your hard drive?

What happens if you uninstall and reinstall the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't mean to hijack this question but I see there has been no response.  I have the exact same problem.  I'm using windows 10 pro, Intel core I7-7700HQ 2.8ghz, 16 gb ram and about 60gb free space.  Uninstalling and reinstalling did not change anything for me.  Even using only 3 small photo files (not videos) did not change anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am all soo haveing the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are all using exactly the same version of the program on the same operating system with the same hardware configuration? 

Have you all gone to the nVidia or AMD web site and ensured you have the latest drivers for your graphics card? (Don't trust Windows to do it. The latest drivers are rarely more than a few weeks old.) Outdated graphics drivers are the chief cause of buggy behavior with Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue, and have tried the last 3 Nvidia driver updates with no luck at all. I have reinstalled also, with no change. I'm running a RTX2080ti, i7-8700k, 32gb ram, 200gb free on SSD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines