• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Incompatible Display Driver

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an absolute beginner to Premiere and after installing Elements 2018, I am receiving the dreaded "Incompatible Display Driver" message. A lot of advice suggests removing the BadDriver.txt file but there doesn't seem to be such a file with the new version of Elements. Have tried reinstalling drivers for my graphics card but doesnt improve the situation.

DirectXDiagnostic shows the following settings;

dx1.png

dx2.png

I must admit to having not used computers for much more than surfing the internet for the last decade so my knowledge is super limited and I have no idea what my next move is.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the same problem with Premiere Essentials 2018 with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 and the "Incompatible Display Driver" message. I disabled the NVDIA Display driver, started Premiere Essentials 2018 again but without success.The "Incompatible Display Driver" message popped up again. I don't know what to do now. Photoshop essentials 10 runs fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were me, I would start a "chat" at the Adobe help site.  They usually are good at installation issues. 

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue but on Windows 7 - Managed to get Elements 2018 to load by going into taskmanager and deleting instances of GPUsniffer as they were being created just leaving one occurence running. Elements then ran but came up with this message. Detected generic Microsoft display driver. Please update  your display driver. Driver details: Microsoft Corporation - GDI Generic 1.1.0.

Dismissed this message and Elements still running fine. Just seems a pity I'ved shelled out over £80.00 for something that seems to have a known glitch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines