• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Keeps Crashing

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have just bought a brand new laptop, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX video card with 4GB Memory, intel i7, 256 GB SSD drive but every time I start up adobe premiere elements 2018 it never loads the video project and crashes within a minute or so of starting up. The clips are in the correct folders and everything is in the right place. All the while the CPU is running at 100% and the fans are going crazy, like the laptop is ready to take off. Something is definitely wrong with Elements 2018, my specs are at least double what your recommended system requirements are and still I cannot load in a saved project to continue editing.

Premiere Elements 2018.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a question in your post, but I assume you're looking for a solution. Most likely the issue is related to challenges with the drivers for your graphics card.

As you may have seen on this forum, you can often fix this by downgrading to an earlier nVidia driver. Or you can wait until nVidia comes up with a driver that works with Premiere Elements. But there's otherwise no easier fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for taking the time to comment but in my view, Adobe should upgrade its systems to meet today's requirements, instead of me having to downgrade my new laptop. That really isn't a solution. Anyhow, I guess I'll just need to look for a different video editor. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another video editor that you may like is Cyberlink PowerDirector.  I don't think it has as many capabilities as Premiere Elements.  Other popular choices come from Magix.   

But don't be short sighted.  Your brand new laptop was probably delivered with an "old" graphics card driver.  Try updating it from the Nvidia website.

It is rare, but sometimes getting video editors of any brand to work is a little hard.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Solaris Traveller,

Another tact to resolve this issue is simpler, but it should give you something definitive:

1. Create a short video (about 20 seconds)

2. Load it into PRE 2018.

3. Add any other elements (text, graphics) you generally use, but keep it within the 20 second timespan.

4. Publish the video.

5. If everything works as expected, create another video of about 5 minutes. Repeat Steps 2-4. Do this in increments adding 5 minutes to each increment, until you get a crash.

6. After each increment, instead of adding to the previous test, make a new project. Test1.prel, Test2.prel, Test.prel, etc.

This will give you a clear picture of where your limits are. If it crashes after the first 20 second video; then go with Steve's advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines