• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 keeps freezing and crashing

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a familiarly new user of 2018 Elements, however I have completed two full video projects this month. I am trying to work on my third project and the video loads into the project assets, and I can see my video image dispay, however I cannot edit or play the video. I've gone back and tried to play the other two projects I've completed this month and none my videos are loading to run/play.  Every time, I try to edit a new project or play a video that I have fully edited previously it does not play and I get the default windows loading circle.

I've tried the basics restarting my machine and re-executing Elements number of times, however nothing is working. I've not done anything to my machine or Elements. Again its not allowing me to play or edit my videos in project mode as of recent. Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model of camcorder is your video coming from? What is the format and resolution of your source video?

It also might be helpful to know your operating system, processor and RAM and the amount of free space on your hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow-up Steve. Apparently, the issue was with windows applying an update to the machine, which caused disruption within Adobe elements 2018 application itself. Sounds like a bug with Adobe application.

Adobe tech support walked me through the fix by doing the following:

Please Close the program first. Click on WINDOWS icon on the bottom left corner & Type %appdata% (Even if you do not see any bar to type).

Go to the folder Adobe>Premiere Elements & rename the 16.0 folder to 16.0.old . Relaunch the program & see if that resolves your issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

timusattud  wrote

Thanks for the follow-up Steve. Apparently, the issue was with windows applying an update to the machine, which caused disruption within Adobe elements 2018 application itself. Sounds like a bug with Adobe application.

Adobe tech support walked me through the fix by doing the following:

Please Close the program first. Click on WINDOWS icon on the bottom left corner & Type %appdata% (Even if you do not see any bar to type).

Go to the folder Adobe>Premiere Elements & rename the 16.0 folder to 16.0.old . Relaunch the program & see if that resolves your issue

Thanks for passing that along.  I'm saving it for future use!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this Tim. The suggested fix worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thanks also.   Renaming that directory not only solved videos freezing and having to abort PRE because all controls, buttons etc were freezing, but I was having an issue with no audio when editing for the last month..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Tim.  After half a day trying to fix the same problem, it works perfectly with your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines