Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 (Mac, Mojave) won't accept .mov files

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have videos done with my iPhone, which produces .mov files. But I can't import them into Premiere Elements 2018 to edit.

If others have this problem have you found a workaround? Using a third-party converter to render the files in another video format?

This seems a real flaw in an otherwise fine program, not to recognize a very common file format.

Any help will be appreciated! Lots of great videos of 4 year-olds await.

Thanks.

Rachel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos from newer  iPhones use an H.265 codec to compress their MP4s rather than the traditional H.265. Premiere Elements 2018 can not edit H.265 videos. Premiere Elements 2019 can edit iPhone videos but only on the Mac operating system.

The simplest  solution is to convert the video to a standard MP4 using HandBrake, as I show you in this video.

Converting videos with Handbrake - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Did you try the suggestion provided above?

-Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines