• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 not working after Windows 10 update

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After latest Windows 10 update I can only open elements and load clip into time line. I can't play or edit it. Can't do anything. Have re installed program but still the same. Can anyone help me please 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Premiere Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, Adobe support just referred me to non relevant advice pages. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Windows update has created dozens of complaints not only the Photoshop Elements forum but also for Photoshop and in the feedback forum.

Many different symptoms and error messages, but all linked to the amount of RAM. Not all users have the problem.
The common workaround is to edit the Windows registry.

Error: An integer between 50 and 8 is required | Elements | Windows 10

I would be surprised if that Windows upgrade issue does not exist with Premiere Elements too.

In that case, editing the registry would be the solution.

Have a look at the recent posts about the issue in the Photoshop Elements forum.

In the feedback forum:

Photoshop CC 2018: An integer between 96 and 8 is required. Closest value inserted. "Could not compl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the Registry does not help in this case. Anybody found a solution for this problem in Premiere Elements yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dagmarh96925692  wrote

Changing the Registry does not help in this case. Anybody found a solution for this problem in Premiere Elements yet?

To be sure the registry edit is effective and has been correctly made, use the menu Help >> System Information.

The line for "available for Premiere Elements" should have been increased according to the decimal value you have given. If it is not, the edit was not done correctly.

If the value has been increased, then that means that the registry update is probably not the culprit.

Here is a screenshot for my Photoshop Elements;  I don't have  Premiere installed.

Registry-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that method for using Regeit files with the Override but it did not work.. I even tried reinstalling the software, nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 or Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went on this page to do the Regedit and the directions were much better. I was doing something that didn't work but after using this page and their directions were good. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/invalid-numeric-entry-integer-96-8-required-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines