• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Sound Problem

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Premiere Elements 2018. When I import a video there is no sound track. However, if I import the same video into Premiere Elements 11 the sound track is there. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't write anything about the source of the video or your computer. 

My first guess is that you are not using Windows 10 and your footage is AVCHD/.mts. 

Reading this will give you some background:  Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby  Adobe now relies on the operating system to provide support for Dolby AC-3 audio decoding.

If my guess is correct the choices are awkward.  (1) upgrade your computer to Windows 10.  (2) get a refund and buy Premier Elements 15 on eBay.  (3) Record in a different format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, sorry did not include all info.

Importing from SONY HandyCam DCR-SR68 to MacBook Pro High Sierra V.10.13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick look shows that camera was produced when Standard Definition was it.  Without more information, I will assume that version 11 has some old codecs in it that support old footage and the new version does not. 

There is a program that is free to download called MediaInfo.  If you can, open one of your files, open the Tree view, cut and paste here.  It will help figure it it out.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might also look in Edit > Preferences > Audio Hardware and see what the settings are.  Whatever they are, try changing to other choices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines