Highlighted

Premiere Elements 2018 supports h.265 HEVC ?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Premiere Elements 15 half a year ago, buying a GoPro Hero camera 6 some of my videos can not be edited, the program does not support h.265 HEVC 😞 Does the new version 2018 already contain this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Elements 2018 supports h.265 HEVC ?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a Premiere Elements 15 half a year ago, buying a GoPro Hero camera 6 some of my videos can not be edited, the program does not support h.265 HEVC 😞 Does the new version 2018 already contain this?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2017 0
Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the footage through HandBrake.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2017 1
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can transcode H.265 to Premiere Elements editable file formats with a H.265 Decoder software. Some people recommend to use Handbrake with the following workflow:

1. Convert from H.265 to H.264 MP4
  2. Import converted video to Adobe Premiere Elements editing
  3. Render from Elements to H.264 MP4 with high bit rate
  4. Transcode back to H.265 with Handbrake

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok but how to convert without loosing metainformation : GPS, date, etc …

It must be ossible to read these files.

I will try premiere element 2019 evaluation to test

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2019 0
Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Elements 2019 will use the H.265 codec supplied by Apple in their current operating system.   Windows does not have it.  Premier Elements 2019 will not work with H.265 on a Windows computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2019 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if you could use the orginal files in 2019 on Windows, Elements does not support gps, date created etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2019 0