• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 trial and nvidia gtx 750ti no joy. Help please?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

As a first time video editor i decided to trial Premiere Elements 2018.

But every time i attempt to launch i get a "we have detected and incompatible graphics driver" (or similar) error, then the program just shuts down.

I have read about a "baddrivers.txt" file which i should remove, but the instant i do, it is recreated.

I have gone into nvidia manager and turned everything OFF for premiere but still no joy.

My system is a HP Z400, win 10, 10gb ram with a gtx 750i driver version 417.35 (most current).

2 days in and i have made no progress myself so am reaching out to the community for help.

I

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

I have decided to uninstall it.

I cant afford to mess around with flaky software.

Having to downgrade drivers and (re)Introducing old bugs and security issues is a step to far in my book.

.As it happens the opensource "open shot" and cyberlink power director both function perfectly.

Consider the topic closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the HP web site and looking up support for your computer. Install the driver and firmware for your graphics card (assuming it came factory installed).

Then remove the BadDriver.txt file from ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements and/or ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/15.0. Then restart the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Z400 is *fully* upto date with drivers, BIOS etc. The gfx card is a standard branded off the shelf card. It is a cheap gaming rig i have knocked up but runs *every* other graphic application perfectly well. Windows 10 is a licensed ,legal copy and premiere is the trial version and the timer is now in countdown.

As i have already stated, the instant i delete the baddrivers.txt file it instantly recreates itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does make a difference if you added the card or if it came factory installed -- at least as far as drivers are concerned.

If you installed the card yourself, it's possible you've found a card that Premiere Elements can't work with.

And, yes, I realize that the BadDriver.txt file is recreated when you launch the program. It will be, even if you don't actually have a bad driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve.

It shouldn't matter what card is fitted as long as it is a "standard" graphics card. Which essentially narrows it down to ATI/AMD, Intel and nvidia. Given that my card is DX12 compatible AND certified by Microsoft to be compatible  (doesn't matter whether i use the windows driver or the nvidia one) and that it is a reference design then the "bug" clearly lies within premiere and how it utilises the card..It appears to be checking for something and getting a wrong response or misinterpreting what it  is receiving in response to its query.

Out of hundreds of software packages, only premiere will fail to launch. I find it a bit of a stretch to blame my set up given those circumstances.

Is there anything technical to try? IE forcing premiere to run in software mode or "safe" mode or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add further insult, v2019 also reports the same error. Clearly there is a common Adobe element here causing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on posts here over the years, the primary cause of "incompatible graphics driver" is exactly what it says.  It is certainly not universal, but shows up often enough that the usual solution is known.   You have to change the driver!  Sometimes, it is to a newer driver and sometimes it is a "roll back" to an older driver.  The best source for driver changes is the card manufacturer, not the computer maker.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have decided to uninstall it.

I cant afford to mess around with flaky software.

Having to downgrade drivers and (re)Introducing old bugs and security issues is a step to far in my book.

.As it happens the opensource "open shot" and cyberlink power director both function perfectly.

Consider the topic closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you've definitely made the best decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there are better products that cost a fraction of the price, do the same and are supported by the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines